KITCHEN ORGANIZING & PLANNING – THE SMART WAY!
Save Time, Save Space, Save Steps in your Kitchen! In the next weeks, I will take you through a step-by-step, “hands on” venture to help you create a more efficient kitchen. I will help you change/improve your existing kitchen with some easy, inexpensive ideas and/or help you plan an ideal new kitchen to fit your lifestyle.
TOPICS AND TIPS TO BE COVERED (You will have worksheets available to personally analyze your own kitchen).
1. Find out what you really need in your kitchen by completing a “Cook’s Profile”.
2. Determine what kind of kitchen you have or want.
3. Locate your work centers. What are they, where are they?
4. Locate and measure the work triangle of your kitchen. Is it efficient?
5. Measure your counter work surfaces. What is needed? How can you make more space?
6. Measure your counter, cabinet, and shelf heights. How can you make adjustments for your height?
7. Measure the amount of storage space at each work center. Find out what is needed for you and how you can get it.
8. Decide what and how much to store at each work center.
9. Check the lighting (natural and artificial) and electrical outlets? Are they sufficient? What do you need to change/add for efficiency?
10. Determine what goes where in each work center.
11. Decide how equipment and supplies should be arranged at each center.
12. Make a spending plan and work schedule to accomplish your goals. List sources for people and products. Keep track of appointments.
The workshop information in all the blogs will be available on the site until the completion of all the sessions. All information and worksheets contained in the program are for the viewing individual’s use only. All rights are reserved and the information should not be copied or distributed to any other persons without permission of Lifestyle Systems.